1. Look out for these mistakes – Apart from losing weight, another reason why people join the gym is to build muscles. Whether it is to lose weight or gain muscle mass, both are a complex task. Just like weight loss, you cannot build muscle mass overnight. It is a slow process and you have to be consistent and determined to achieve your goal. Some people train in the gym for hours, eat healthy food and still fail to gain muscle mass; this simply means they are making some mistakes, which is hampering their progress. Here are the most common mistakes people make when trying to build muscles.
2. You are not making the right food choices – If you are too skinny, chances are you might not be eating enough. Most thin people have a faster metabolism and to gain muscle mass, you just have to eat more than you are eating right now. But be mindful about your food choices. Fill your plate with healthy protein, fiber, and good fats. Our body requires amino acids to build new muscle, which can only be obtained if you consume enough protein. If you are trying to gain lean mass, try to consume 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of your body weight.
3. If you are depending too much on supplements – Supplements just fill up the nutrition gaps, which is not fulfilled by the food we eat. They are not actual food and should never replace them. Eat whole nutritious food and do not just rely on supplements if you want to gain muscle mass. Splurging money on various kinds of supplements are not going to help you anyway. Before doing so, it is important to take care of your daily eating habits.
4. If you are not consistent with your workout – Gaining muscle mass is a slow task and you have to work towards it by working out regularly. If you are inconsistent, it might hamper your progress. Most of the people do not gain muscle mass as they are impatient and do not follow any exercise for a long period of time. Every exercise takes time to show results and you need to show patience.
5. You are not following the right type of exercise – Apart from consistency, it is also equally crucial to choose the right kind of exercise as per your body type. By skipping basics and jumping into the advanced form, you will not reap any benefits. Start slow and be consistent. Also, do not compare your progress with others. It is important what is good for others will be beneficial for you too.
6. If you are not drinking enough water – Our body is made up of two-thirds water, of which 70 percent is found in muscles. If you want to gain muscle mass, you need to increase your water intake. It is important to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day for better result.